Shy S. Baranov joined our firm in 1998 and is a managing partner and heads the firm’s Corporate & Commercial department.
Having spent over 7 years specializing in corporate and securities working with a leading United States law firm, Shy has extensive experience in advising and representing Israeli companies from across many sectors, in relation to their operations internationally in general and specifically in the U.S.
During his tenure in the U.S., Shy gained deep understanding of practical experience and knowledge of U.S. law in general, and U.S. securities law in particular, and uses this experience in serving as Israeli counsel on a wide range of financing transactions in the U.S., including initial public offerings (IPOs), follow-on offerings, ATMs, PIPEs and other kinds of financing transactions.
Shy’s forward thinking and business orientation tremendously benefits ZAG’s international clientele that conduct business in Israel. In addition to deep understanding of the Israeli law, he brings an international perspective, based on his work in the U.S.
Shy has unique expertise in representing Israeli companies that are traded oversees. In this respect he counsels regularly on international public M&A transactions, corporate governance matters, shareholders activism, crisis management and interested party transactions.
Representative Client Work
Equity Offerings and Public Listings
- Represented Radcom Ltd. (Nasdaq: RDCM) as U.S. and Israeli counsel in its two follow on public offering of ordinary shares raising an aggregate amount of more than $55M.
- Represented Alcobra Ltd. (formerly Nasdaq: ADHD) as U.S. and Israeli counsel in its Initial Public Offering and three follow on public offerings raising an aggregate amount of $134M.
- Represented Bioblast Pharma, Ltd. (formerly Nasdaq: ORPN) as U.S. and Israeli counsel in its Initial Public Offering and a follow on public offering raising an aggregate approximate amount of $42M.
- Represented BiomX Ltd. in its $24M Series Preferred A and $32M Series Preferred B financings.
- Represented Syqe Medical Ltd. in its $30M Series Preferred A financing.
- Represented Aegis Capital Corp., lead underwriter in the $8.6M public offering of Micronet Enertec Offering, Inc. (NASDAQ: MICT).
- Represented Cellect Biotechnology (Nasdaq: APOP) in its $8.4M public offering and listing of its American Depository Shares (ADSs) in the United States, as a result of which, Cellect became a dually-listed company, both on Nasdaq and on TASE.
- Represented the US investment bank Rodman & Renshaw in two public offerings of an aggregate of $20M for Kitov Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: KTOV).
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represents BiomX Ltd. as Israeli counsel in its $254M merger with Chardan Healthcare Acquisition corp. a special purpose acquisition company and related investment of at least $50M (closing pending).
- Represents Pointer Telocation Ltd. (Nasdaq, TASE: PNTR) as U.S. and Israeli counsel in its sale valued at $140M in cash and stock (closing pending).
- Represented Alcobra Ltd. (formerly Nasdaq: ADHD) as U.S. and Israeli counsel in its reverse IPO merger with Arcturus Therapeutics Inc. (“Arcturus”) at a transaction valued at $117M.
- Represented Alcobra Ltd. (formerly Nasdaq: ADHD) as U.S. and Israeli counsel in an asset purchase agreement for the sale of its Abuse-Deterrent Amphetamine Immediate-Release (ADAIR) development assets to an investor group. The agreement was signed simultaneously with the closing of the merger between Alcobra and Arcturus mentioned above. The investor group undertook to invest $3M in an OTC listed company that will own the ADAIR assets and continue its development. Arcturus Therapeutics Ltd will own 30% of the OTC listed company’s shares.
- Represented Bioblast Pharma Ltd. (formerly Nasdaq: ORPN) as U.S. and Israeli counsel in its reverse IPO merger with Enlivex Therapeutics Ltd., at a transaction valued at $117M.
- Represented Bioblast Pharma Ltd. (formerly Nasdaq: ORPN) as U.S. and Israeli counsel in an Asset Purchase Agreement with Seelos Therapeutics, Inc. in consideration of royalties and $20M guaranteed and milestones based cash consideration.